Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Keep it fresh baby



How often is too often? How often is not enough?

Ultimately it's up to you how frequently you update your weblog. Some update once a day. Others update once a week. I, personally, like to update on average twice a day. My goal is to keep the site fresh for my target reader. He/She is tech-savvy, works hard for a living, checks in during his/her coffee break at work, and then checks in again after dinner before spending time with his/her family or perhaps even before bed while checking the day's email at home.

Your target reader might be different. Again, no pressure. Here's the thing though. If I am checking your site daily, I don't want to read the same post for four out of the five work days. I also don't want to have so much information put forth that I feel like I am left out of the loop if I miss a day or two. So pull the reigns back if you are posting nine times a day.

Rule #1 for posting says that frequency is left to your better judgement.

Don't leave us hanging for too long and don't bury us with too much content and you will be just fine.

No comments: